The following materials were used at the Helsinki co-design sessions with the project partners, science learners and external stakeholders. These materials are based on the research findings from a contextual inquiry on science learning outside the classroom and seek to support and trigger discussions in participatory workshops. Download the file below to access all of the materials used:
- Proto-personas: Fictional characters connected to science learning outside the classroom in different contexts. The proto-personas include information about attitudes and interests, behaviours and actions, and needs and pain points that can be frequently found in science learning outside the classroom.
- How might we trigger cards: Inspiration cards with questions identifying several challenges connected to inclusion, engagement, and assessment and recognition of science learning outside the classroom.
- Opportunities prioritization map I: A value matrix that assigns different priority levels in a scale from one to four, based on the expected impact (low or high) and the readiness to implement (easy or difficult) a solution for a specific opportunity.
- Prioritization of the opportunities II: Document to support the averaging of the priority values set for the consolidated opportunities of a specific theme.
- Ideation canvas: Template for documenting the design solutions in a structured way.
- Guidelines for assessing the design solutions: Guidelines for assessing a design solution based on its utility, viability and feasibility.